This white paper provides an overview of, and recommendations for, how to get the most from your IBM® Lotus® Notes® client on the Citrix XenApp server. In particular, we show that, by tuning your environment so that you get the most from your applications, you can realize significant improvements in running the Lotus Notes client on XenApp. This is true for both the standard and the basic configurations of Lotus Notes.
Moreover, with the addition of 64-bit Citrix XenApp server support for the Lotus Notes client in 8.0.2, you can scale to even higher numbers—well over 100 users—at a much reduced cost. Also presented are the testing environment, tuning parameters, and the workflows that were executed to gather the scalability data using the 8.5 version of the Lotus Notes client.
In this article
- Overview of the analysis
- Test methods
- Test plan
- Lotus Notes 8.5 and Citrix XenApp 4.5 scalability testing
- Scalability results and analysis
- Appendix A: Summary of Lotus Notes Basic 8.5 Client scalability results
- Appendix B: Windows Server 2003 and XenApp Server optimizations
- Appendix C: Environment optimizations
- Appendix D: Physical Address Extension (/PAE)
- Appendix E: Lotus Notes optimization
- Appendix F: Workflows
- Appendix G: Test Environment preparations
- Appendix H: Lotus Notes install
- Appendix I: Performance objects and counters
- Appendix J: Converting Windows Performance Monitor (PerfMon) logs
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||Notes85XenApp45Final.pdf||370 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- IBM Support Technote #1314215, What install methods are supported when installing the Notes client in a Citrix environment?
- IBM Support Technote #1265898, Steps for installing Lotus Notes 8 on a Citrix Presentation server
- IBM Support Technote #1314211, Lotus Notes scalability in a Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5 environment
- IBM Support Technote #1314212, Does the Notes embedded Sametime client work with Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5?
- IBM Support Technote #1295156, Two users cannot launch Lotus Notes 8.0 on a Citrix server
- developerWorks article, "Using IBM Rational Performance Tester V7.0.1 to load test IBM Lotus Notes standard client in a Citrix environment"