By Brian Gallagher, Gary Denner, Jeremy Flynn, Swikar Sugandhi and Lee Mosqueda
This white paper provides an overview and recommendations for how to get the most from your IBM Lotus® Notes® 8.5.1 client on the new Citrix XenApp™ 5.0 server. In particular, we show that, by tuning your environment so that you get the most from your applications, you can realize significant improvements in running the Notes client on XenApp. This is true for both the standard and the basic configurations of Lotus Notes.
Moreover, the new support for Microsoft® Windows® 2008 SP2 by Notes 8.5.1 together with memory improvements means we can scale to even higher numbers than before at a much reduced cost. Also presented are the testing environment, tuning parameters, and the workflows that were executed to gather the scalability data on Notes 8.5.1.
- Overview of the analysis
- Test methods
- Test plan
- Lotus Notes 8.5.1 and Citrix XenApp 5.0 scalability testing
- Scalability results and analysis
- Appendix A: Summary of Lotus Notes Basic 8.5.1 Client scalability results
- Appendix B: Summary of Lotus iNotes 8.5.1 Client scalability results
- Appendix C: Windows Server 2003 and XenApp Server optimizations
- Appendix D: Environment optimizations
- Appendix E: Physical Address Extension (/PAE)
- Appendix F: Lotus Notes optimization
- Appendix G: Workflows
- Appendix H: Test Environment preparations
- Appendix I: Lotus Notes install
- Appendix J: Performance objects and counters
- Appendix K: Converting Windows PerfMon logs
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||Notes851XenApp50Final6-28.pdf||1,696 KB||HTTP|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
IBM Support Technote #1314215, What install methods are supported when installing the Notes client in a Citrix environment?
IBM Support Technote #1265898, Steps for installing Lotus Notes 8 on a Citrix Presentation server
IBM Support Technote #1314211, Lotus Notes scalability in a Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5 environment
IBM Support Technote #1314212, Does the Notes embedded Sametime client work with Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5?
IBM Support Technote #1386866, Upgrading a Notes deployment on the Citrix platform—release-specific upgrade matrix
IBM Support Technote #1295156, Two users cannot launch Lotus Notes 8.0 on a Citrix server
developerWorks article, "Using IBM Rational Performance Tester V7.0.1 to load test IBM Lotus Notes standard client in a Citrix environment"