- Review the entire
LPI exam prep tutorial series
on developerWorks to learn Linux fundamentals and prepare for system administrator
- At the
find task lists, sample questions, and detailed objectives for the three levels of
the Linux Professional Institute's Linux system administration certification.
"Shell Command Language"
defines the shell command language as specified by The Open Group and IEEE.
"Basic tasks for new Linux developers"
(developerWorks, March 2005), learn how to open a terminal window or shell prompt
and much more.
- Read these developerWorks articles for other
ways to work with Bash:
- Bash by example, Part 1
- Bash by example, Part 2
- Bash by example, Part 3
- System Administration Toolkit: Get the most out of bash
- Working in the bash shell
- Sed and awk each deserve a tutorial on their
own, but read these developerWorks articles for a more complete background.
- Common threads: Sed by example, Part 1
- Common threads: Sed by example, Part 2
- Common threads: Sed by example, Part 3
- Common threads: Awk by example, Part 1
- Common threads: Awk by example, Part 2
- Common threads: Awk by example, Part 3
- Get started with GAWK: AWK language fundamentals
Documentation Project has a
variety of useful documents, especially its HOWTOs.
LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell, Second Edition
(O'Reilly, 2006) and
LPIC I Exam Cram 2: Linux Professional Institute Certification Exams 101 and
102 (Exam Cram 2)
(Que, 2004) are LPI references for readers who prefer book format.
- Find more
tutorials for Linux developers
developerWorks Linux zone.
- Stay current with
developerWorks technical events and Webcasts.
Get products and technologies
- Download the
developerWorks author package from
"Authoring with the developerWorks XML
(developerWorks, January 2007).
IBM trial software
directly from developerWorks.
- Participate in the discussion forum.
developerWorks blogs, and
get involved in the developerWorks community.