If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
For details on SLES 8 Service Pack 3 (SP3) refer to http://www.suse.com/us/company/press/press_releases/archive03/sles_sp.html
The below 2003-11-14 OCO-modules are included in SUSE SLES 8 SP3 (kernel 2.4.21-72/65), except for the module-version which SUSE adapted.
There is no need to install these OCOs on top of SLES 8 SP3 GA-level.
These OCO modules are functionally equivalent to the vanilla kernel 2.4.21 OCO-modules of 2003-10-31.
The modules include fixes for the following problems:
- Initially boxed tapes might become invisible.
- Tapes that where assigned during module load might not show up in the /proc/tapedevices output and can't be accessed.
- Common I/O layer somehow detects the assignment and refuses to return an interrupt.
- Ignore -EUSERS during setup but mark the device as boxed and still in INIT. Later calls to tape_open() will retry to get an interrupt and return an error if the device still can't be accessed.
- Fix implementation of NOP mtio operation.
- The NOP call fails for 34xx devices if no tape medium is present. On 3590 devices it succeeds but accidentally changes the medium state to LOADED, regardless of the real medium state.
- As stated in mtio.h the NOP call should do nothing but update the device status that can be read by MTIOCGET.
- Ignore the no medium unit check for NOP in tape_34xx but update the generic status flags (DR_OPEN). Do not change the generic status after a NOP command in tape_3590.
Note: After unpacking this tarball, please rename the tape3590 OCO module to tape_3590.o