If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
The following recommended downloads are for use with:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 4 for S/390 and
- Kernel version: 2.6.9-5.EL (dated 2005-02-15).
- As released by Red Hat on 2005-02-15 at:
Note, that these OCO-modules will most certainly not match any
other (earlier or later) Red Hat distribution, nor any other
These RPMs contain the initial versions of tape_3590 OCO modules.
These OCO modules are functionally equivalent to the vanilla kernel
2.6.5 OCO-modules of 2005-02-14.
- Unpack the tarball: kernel-3590-2.6.9-5.EL.s390.tar.gz or
- As root, install the rpm using: rpm -i
kernel-3590-2.6.9-5.EL.s390.rpm or rpm -i
- After applying the RPM you need to setup the command 'depmod
-a' as root user.