If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
The following recommended downloads are for use with:
Note, that these OCO-modules will most certainly not match any other (earlier or later) Red Hat distribution, nor any other distribution.
Current: OCO modules for Red Hat Linux 7.2 S/390 (Kernel 2.4.9-38) 31-bit
The 2002-12-19 recommended OCO modules contain the following changes since the 2002-10-15 recommended modules:
- Re-enable OSA features like broadcast after cable pull.
- Broadcast doesn't work on OSD devices after cable pull.
- Fix MAC decoding problem for VM Guest LAN interfaces (needs PTF UM30652, available for z/VM 4.3.0).
- MAC address could not be determined for VM Guest LAN interfaces.
- Removed message "adapter is using anycast or nocast. Using unicast instead."
- A lot of messages "adapter is using anycast or nocast. Using unicast instead." showing up, possibly jamming the console.
- Fix high load in many-to-one communication scenarios.
- When multiple guests send traffic to one destination under VM LAN, the Linux load goes to 100%
Unpack the tarball: kernel-oco-2.4.9-38-1.s390.tar.gz
As root, install the rpm using: rpm -i kernel-oco-2.4.9-38-1.s390.rpm and then delete the old module dependencies using: rm -f /lib/modules/2.4.9-38*/modules.dep
The 2002-10-15 recommended OCO modules are funtionally equivalent to the 2002-08-16 OCO-modules for 2.4.9-37.
Unpack the tarball: kernel-oco-2.4.9-38.s390.tar.gz
As root, install the rpm using: rpm -i kernel-oco-2.4.9-38.s390.rpm
and then delete the old module dependencies using: rm -f /lib/modules/2.4.9-38*/modules.dep