If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
The following experimental downloads are for use with:
- Red Hat Linux 7.2 S/390
- Kernel version: kernel-2.4.9-37
- as released by Red Hat on 2002-05-17 at: http://updates.redhat.com/7.2/en/os/s390/
These OCO-modules will most certainly not match any other (earlier or
later) "Red Hat Linux S/390" distribution, nor any other distribution.
The installation steps are as follows:
- Log into your Linux/390 system as user root.
- Get the tarball redhat-oco-2.4.9-37-s390.tar.gz with the OCO-modules from below
OCO-modules for Red Hat Linux 7.2 kernel version 2.4.9-37 (31-bit)
- Unpack the tarball:
# tar -Oxzf redhat-oco-2.4.9-37-s390(-x).tar.gz redhat-oco/redhat-oco-2.4.9-37(-x).tar.gz | tar -C / -xzf -
Current: OCO modules for Red Hat Linux 7.2 S/390 (Kernel 2.4.9-37) 31-bit
The 2002-08-16 recommended qeth modules contain the following changes since the 2002-06-17 recommended modules:
- fixed a problem when using the "ip" tool (caused a hang on Red Hat during shutdown)
- added broadcast support for broadcast-enabled OSA Express adapters
2002-06-17: OCO modules for Red Hat Linux 7.2 S/390 (Kernel 2.4.9-37) 31-bit
The 2002-06-17 OCO modules are intended to be installed on top of an already installed system (no ocord.img provided),
if you are interested in the "OSA-Express QDIO enhancement under VM" described 2002-06-17
on the Recommended "May 2002 stream" page.
2002-05-17: OCO modules for Red Hat Linux 7.2 S/390 (Kernel 2.4.9-37) 31-bit
The following experimental download:
contains 31-bit OCO-modules qdio and qeth (functionally equivalent to
the kernel 2.4.17 OCO-modules of 2002-02-18) matching the following
- 2.4.9-37BOOT (for installation with Boot VMReader)
- 2.4.9-37BOOTtape (for installation with Boot Tape - emulated Tape)
- 2.4.9-37 (for systems already installed with Boot VMReader)
- 2.4.9-37tape (for systems already installed with Boot Tape)