If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of
user space utilities that should to be used together with the
Linux on System z kernel and device drivers.
/ MD5 recommended (2007-11-06)
These s390-tools-1.5.6 with bug fixes (applicable for the "April 2004 stream") replace s390-tools-1.5.5.
Added new tools:
- tape390_crypt: Tool to control and query crypto settings for IBM 3592 tape devices.
- mon_statd (mon_procd and mon_fsstatd): Linux - z/VM monitoring daemons.
Changes of existing tools:
- DASD/Tape dump tools: SCLP console support to show dump progress on the operator console.
- DASD tools: Remove the libsysfs dependency. It turned out that using libsysfs is less stable than using the sysfs attributes directly.
- dasdfmt and dasdview: Removed '-?' option.
- lsqeth: Removed '-c' option.
- zgetdump: New -d option to check if DASD is a valid dump device.
- zfcpdump: Because XML is going to be obsolete, we now use the binary parameter block provided by the hardware to find out on which scsi disk the dump should be created.
- All tools:
- Use '-O3' compile option for all tools.
- Unification of 'invalid option' error messages, Makefiles and '-v' output for all tools.
Back to top