If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of user space utilities that should to be used together with the Linux on zSeries kernel and device drivers.
These s390-tools-1.4.1 replace s390-tools-1.4.0
This package contains the following bug fixes:
- ip_watcher: HiperSockets Network Concentrator is not removing proxy arp entries after 'killall ip_watcher.pl'.
- 'qethconf rxip list' shows that proxy arp entries have not been removed after 'killall ip_watcher.pl'.
- Parsing problem in start_hsnc.sh: Multicast entries of /proc/eth are not extracted correctly. Parsing of 'qethconf rxip list' fails because output format of qethconf has changed between kernel 2.4 and kernel 2.6.
- Fix parsing problems.
- zipl/dump tools: Memory detection problems.
- Dump process hangs in an environment with 32GB or more.
- The memory size is contained in a structure, which the
dump tool accesses with the LH instruction. Since this
instruction performs sign extension this is a problem
as soon as 32GB or more memory is reported. In this
case this will result in a very large value loaded into
a register which will be used in a loop, resulting in
a very long delay until the dump tool finally continues
operation. If 64GB or more memory is defined, the dump
tool reads the memory size from a wrong location,
because of a wrong offset.
On systems with more than 2GB main memory, where a 32 bit operating system runs, more than 2GB main memory are reported, which is not correct.
- Use different instruction that does not perform sign
extension and use correct offset.
Limit memory to 2GB for 32 bit systems.
- zipl: Cross-partition menu configurations do not work.
- When trying to install a boot menu which references files on different partitions on the same device, all configurations which include files on partitions different from the target partition will not work correctly. Zipl will not report an error during installation but an IPL of an affected configuration will fail.
- Zipl only uses the partition information of the target partition in all block number calculations. Calculations for files on other partitions will be incorrect, resulting in random data being loaded at IPL time instead of boot files.
- Fix block number calculations to use the information of the partition that a file is located on. As a workaround, use the --add-files parameter of zipl to copy all referenced files to the target partition.
- Wrong file permissions for s390-tools executables.
- Only owner of the executables can execute them.
- Permissions of executables are set to '700' instead of '755'.
- Use '755' for file permissions.