If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of user space utilities that should to be used together with the Linux on zSeries kernel and device drivers.
- dasdfmt: Should not leave a read only disk in bad state.
- When dasdfmt is used on a read only disk, it will fail and the disk seems to be online but not usable (lsdasd lists the disk as n/f). This situation can be recovered by setting the disk offline and online again.
- During the format process the disk is in a limited state between offline an online. When an error occurs due to a read only disk the disk stays in that state and is not accessible.
- Check the read only status of the disk before the disk state is modified.
- qethconf: Some minor changes.
- Some misleading error messages. Layer2 not supported.
- - misleading messages for option inv4/inv6
- layer2 not supported
- check for non-existing interface not included
- - fixed misleading messages for option inv4/inv6
- added layer2 support
- add check if interface exists
Because of missing kernel-interfaces the following s390-tools from 1.3 will not work with the "August 2001 stream": start_hsnc/ip-watcher, osasnmpd, qetharp, and qethconf.
SCSI IPL and dump:
To be able to use SCSI ipl and dump (zipl/zfcpdump) appropriate enablement microcode (FC9904) is required.
SCSI IPL for Linux as a VM-guest requires z/VM Version 4 Release 4 (PTF UM30989 installed) or higher.