If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of user space utilities that should to be used together with the zSeries and S/390 LINUX kernel and device drivers.
- ip_watcher: HiperSockets Network Concentrator possible stalls
- broadcast traffic stops flowing through the connector
- send buffers are too small
- increase send buffer size
- zfcpdump: Invalid 64 bit psws
- 64 bit psws with address >= 2GB are invalid in scsi dumps
- zfcpdump used code 1 instead of code 2 (restore old psws) in sigp "set architecture"
- Use code 2 in sigp "set architecture"
s390-tools 1.2 are only tested with the kernels of "June 2003 stream".
Because of missing kernel-interfaces the following s390-tools from 1.2 will definitely not work with the "August 2001 stream": start_hsnc/ip-watcher, osasnmpd, qetharp and qethconf.
SCSI IPL and dump:
To be able to use SCSI ipl and dump (zipl/zfcpdump) appropriate enablement microcode (FC9904) is required.
SCSI IPL for Linux as a VM-guest requires z/VM Version 4 Release 4 (PTF UM30989 installed) or higher.
OSA-Express Direct SNMP:
To use OSA-Express Direct SNMP (osasnmpd), also apply the patch linux-2.4.21-s390-06-june2003.tar.gz .
HiperSockets Network Concentrator:
s390-tools 1.2.2 introduces start_hsnc.sh providing support for HiperSockets Network Concentrator, which can simplify network addressing between HiperSockets and OSA-Express.
HiperSockets Network Concentrator is currently restricted to unicast. See Restrictions - HiperSockets Network Concentrator for current status.