If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
Category: operating system. Contains the source tree of a set of user space utilities that should to be used together with the zSeries and S/390 LINUX kernel and device drivers.
- osasnmpd: Race Conditions in qeth when more than one osasnmpd is running
- osasnmpd opens an procfile ioctl which does nothing else than blocking the osasnmpd and return when something has happened with any qeth devices. If qeth device changes occur too fast, it's not guarranted that every osasnmpd blocked by the ioctl will have the latest device list.
- Removed the blocking ioctl mechanism and changed interfaces. osasnmpd has to register at qeth and will be signaled when something occurs. osasnmpd has now a signal handler so that there is no need anymore for threads and fork call in osasnmpd.
- This qeth-fix requires a corresponding fix in qeth which is included in linux-2.4.21-s390-06-june2003.tar.gz, if you are using OSA-Express Direct SNMP.
- qetharp: qetharp delete ARP entry problem
- delete ARP entry request has no effect
- OSA specs incorrect
- adapt to OSA code
- zfcpdump: Invalid 32 bit dumps because of wrong prefix registers
- scsi dumps of 32 bit linux systems generated with a 64 bit system dumper cannot be read by the dump analysis tool lcrash.
- The 32 bit prefix registers are changed when switching to 64 bit at startup of the system dumper.
- Save prefix registers before switching to 64 bit.
s390-tools 1.2 are only tested with the kernels of "June 2003 stream".
Because of missing kernel-interfaces the following s390-tools from 1.2 will definitely not work with the "August 2001 stream": start_hsnc, osasnmpd, qetharp and qethconf.
SCSI IPL and dump:
To be able to use SCSI ipl and dump (zipl/zfcpdump) appropriate enablement microcode (FC9904) is required.
SCSI IPL for Linux as a VM-guest requires z/VM Version 4 Release 4 (PTF UM30989 installed) or higher.
OSA-Express Direct SNMP:
To use OSA-Express Direct SNMP (osasnmpd), also apply the patch linux-2.4.21-s390-06-june2003.tar.gz .
HiperSockets Network Concentrator:
s390-tools 1.2.2 introduces start_hsnc.sh providing support for HiperSockets Network Concentrator, which can simplify network addressing between HiperSockets and OSA-Express.
HiperSockets Network Concentrator is currently restricted to unicast. See Restrictions - HiperSockets Network Concentrator for current status.