If you download any software from this web site please be aware of the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liabilities.
These patches contain the following linux kernel bug fixes:
- kernel: Modular 3270 driver does not work.
- 3270 devices under 64 bit can not be set online.
- If the 3270 device driver is built as a module and the memory layout is configured in a way that make modules to get loaded above 2GB, 3270 devices can not be set online. The reason is that the static module variables raw3270_init_data and raw3270_init_request are located above 2GB which causes the initial I/O to the device to fail.
- Allocate the init_request and the init_data with the raw3270 structure for the device and change the allocation to request GFP_DMA memory.
- applicable for 64-bit Linux, only
- kernel: Software watchdog crashes.
- If the software watchdog timer expires the machine panics instead of doing a restart.
- The software watchdog calls machine_restart from its timer interrupt function. machine_restart calls console_unblank which checks for interrupt context and triggers a BUG() if the code is in interrupt context.
- Avoid the call to console_unblank in machine_restart if the function has been called in interrupt context and oops_in_progress is not set.
- kernel: Too many IPD machine checks allowed.
- CPU check stop in case of multiple IPD machine checks.
- MAX_IPD_TIME is by a factor of ten too small. This means that ten times more instruction processing damage machine checks would be allowed in the intended time frame. This could result in a CPU check stop of a physical CPU.
- Fix value of MAX_IPD_TIME.
- lcs: Unpredictable results after cable pull/plug-in.
- Device not operational anymore after cable pull/plug-in. Unpredictable results occured, e.g. kernel panic using cards of type QD8F.
- Stoplan command and delete multicast address command
were not proper recognized by OSA card
under heavy network workload.
Channel/device error checks missing in interrupt handler.
- Missing error checks in interrupt handler added. LCS device recovery improved. Schedule recovery on card's problems or cable plug-in.
Everybody should apply this patch.
To create the complete linux kernel sources, the following patches need to be applied in sequence:
linux-2.6.16.tar.gz (from http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6)
+ linux-2.6.16-s390-base-october2005.diff (IBM)
+ linux-2.6.16-s390-01-october2005.diff (IBM)
+ linux-2.6.16-s390-02-october2005.diff (IBM)
+ linux-2.6.16-s390-03-october2005.diff (IBM)