The reputational risk and IT connection
When the corporate world first started paying attention to the concept of reputational risk in 2005, organizations mainly focused on business issues such as compliance and financial misdoings. Today, as evidenced by the results from the IBM Global Reputational Risk and IT Study, the focus has shifted to include the reputational impact of IT risks. Virtually every company is now reliant on technology for its critical business processes and interactions. While it may take only 10 minutes or 10 hours to recover from an IT failure, the reputational impact can be felt for months or even years.
In this video, Jack Danahy talks about the survey that looks at how reputational risk and IT risk are interconnected and how managing reputational risk is crucial to an organization's business, and how managing IT risk is a major part of their efforts.
- Read the 2013 IBM Global Reputational Risk and IT Study.
- Participate in the IBM Risk Index.
- Download the Insights from the 2013 Global Reputational Risk Study infographic.
- Get more information on security topics in the Security site on developerWorks.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.
- Get involved in the My developerWorks community. Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.
Dig deeper into Security on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Crazy about Security? Sign up for our monthly newsletter and the latest Security news.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.