In this video, Gene Kim discusses his new book, The Phoenix Project, with IBM DevOps experts, Ann Marie Fred and Michael Elder. Gene has also written this "DevOps Distilled" article series for developerWorks.
In this series of articles, Gene Kim shares his unique perspective on the history of the DevOps movement and where its heading today, with a eye toward how information security fits into the overall operations persective of DevOps.
- In Part 1, get a history of DevOps, explore the three underpinning principles of the DevOps movement, and learn how DevOps complements existing frameworks such as Agile and ITIL.
- Part 2 explains how making environments early in the development process will create more deterministic, predictable, and secure releases.
- In Part 3, learn how to amplify feedback loops by bringing operations and information security into development. Encouraging collaboration and ensuring communication will help achieve your goals.
- Part 4 explains how standardizing the work of IT Operations can increase project predictability and also describes how standardization can also increase the throughput of work.
- In Part 5, the final article in the series, discover why DevOps is the key to unlocking tremendous economic value and why everyone needs DevOps now.
Convergence of DevOps: Read how
DevOps is the culmination of three amazing and significant movements.
The History of DevOps:
Get a firsthand account of the history of DevOps.
The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your
Business Win: Learn how to
recognize problems that happen in IT organizations, how
these problems jeopardize nearly every commitment the business makes, and
how DevOps techniques can fix the problems.
10+ Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr:
The seminal presentation by John Allspaw and Paul Hammond about
how Flickr achieved fast flow of features while maintaining
world-class stability, reliability, and security. They address the
benefits of this high rate of change, as well as the culture and
needed to make it possible.
Deming: Read about Deming on Wikipedia.
Enterprise DevOps Blog: Read the latest on IBM's DevOps efforts.
- Follow developerWorks on
- Get more information on security topics in
Security site on developerWorks.
Get products and technologies
products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try
a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours
SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.
- Get involved in the My developerWorks
community. Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the
developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.