This 5-part video series by Jenny Wong shows a step-by-step guide for implementing claims-based authentication for Microsoft Sharepoint applications using IBM Security Access Manager. This series is intended for security architects, IT architects, and administrators and is based on the integration package available from IBM Support. See Resources for a link to the necessary integration files.
Part 1 shows an architectural overview of the solution.
Add and deploy
In Part 2, learn how to add and deploy the necessary Access Manager integration components into the Sharepoint server.
Create a new application
Part 3 demonstrates how to create a new claims-based application on the Sharepoint server and how to activate the single sign-on feature.
Test the single-sign on feature
In the demonstration in Part 4, learn how to test the single sign-on feature of a Sharepoint application feature using a virtual host junction from Access Manager's WebSeal component.
Configure and assign
Finally, in Part 5, understand how to configure and assign Sharepoint permissions using Access Manager groups.
- Visit the IBM Security Access Manager for Web Version 7.0 Information Center to get more information regarding the installation, and administration of IBM Security Access Manager.
- Visit the IBM Security Access Manager for Web on developerWorks community to learn more about Access Manager.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
- Get more information on security topics in the Security site on developerWorks.
Get products and technologies
- Visit IBM Security Access Manager for Microsoft Applications to download the integration files for this solution.
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.
- Visit the Security Management Forum to join in the discussion about IBM's identity and access management products.
- Get involved in the My developerWorks community. Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.
Dig deeper into Security on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Pragmatic, intelligent, risk-based IT Security practices.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.