Installing the Maven 2.x Plug-in for Eclipse 3.2
If you use the Eclipse IDE for your daily development, you should download and install the Maven 2.x Plug-in for Eclipse. This plug-in facilitates your work with Maven projects within the IDE. See Resources for project information on this plug-in.
You can use Eclipse's software update wizard to install the Maven 2.X Plug-in for Eclipse:
- From Eclipse's Help menu, select Software Updates>Find and Install....
- Select Search for new features to install and click Next. You'll see the update sites wizard, shown in Figure 9:
Figure 9. Eclipse update sites wizard
- Click the New Remote Site button.
- In the pop-up dialog, enter the Maven 2.x Plug-in for Eclipse updates site, as shown in Figure 10:
Figure 10. Eclipse new remote site entry
- Select the plug-in for installation and let the installation wizard restart the workspace. After the restart, you are ready to use the features of the Maven Plug-in for Eclipse.