Review the basics of multithreading in the Java language by taking the
"Introduction to Java Threads" tutorial, also by Brian Goetz
For questions related to concurrency, visit the Multithreaded Java programming discussion forum, where you can et an answer or share your knowledge.
Many of the concepts from
java.util.concurrentcame from Doug Lea's
Concurrent Programming in Java, Second Edition
(Addison-Wesley, 1999) is a masterful book on the subtle issues
surrounding multithreaded programming in the Java language.
Java theory and practice
column, also by Brian Goetz, frequently
covers the topic of multithreading and concurrency. the following installments may be of particular interest:
- "Thread pools and work queues" (July 2002)
- "Building a better HashMap" (August 2003)
- "Characterizing thread safety" (September 2003)
- "More flexible, scalable locking in JDK 5.0" (October 2004)
- "Going Atomic" (November 2004)
Get products and technologies
java.util.concurrentpackage was formalized under Java Community Process JSR 166.
developerWorks blogs: Get involved in the developerWorks community.