Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Java technology zone.
- Process large-scale graph data with Apache Giraph, GraphLab, and other open source technology
Learn about Apache Giraph, GraphLab, and other open source systems for processing graph-structured big data.
- Navigate in style with activities and icons in your Android mobile apps
Find out why the Activity class is the workhorse of your Android mobile app, then pretty-up your app's functionality by using action icons rather than word buttons for navigation.
- Rethink exceptions, expressions, and emptiness with Java.next languages
Investigate how the Groovy, Scala, and Clojure languages handle exceptions, expressions, and null in the last of three installments about commonalities among these Java.next languages.
- Mobile for the masses: Take a swipe at programming gestures in Android
You've been known to swipe at your mobile device, but do you know how to code swipe gestures into your own mobile apps? Get started today!
- Reduce boilerplate and complexity with Groovy, Scala, and Clojure
Simplify programming tasks and defaults with Java.next languages. Building classes and common cases is easier with Groovy and Scala, while Clojure makes interoperability of maps, records, and classes seamless.
- Build a text visualization and analytics application
Develop a word-wave application using Eclipse and other open source software. Effectively visualize and compare two texts with your word-wave app.
- alt.lang.jre (Multiple authors)
- AOP@Work (Multiple authors)
- Automation for the people (Duvall)
- Classworking toolkit (Sosnoski)
- Crossing Borders (Tate)
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design (Ford)
- 5 things you didn't know about ... (Neward)
- Functional thinking (Ford)
- In pursuit of code quality (Glover)
- Java development 2.0 (Glover)