Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Java technology zone.
- Java.next: Mixins and traits: Mix new behaviors into
Groovy and Scala classes
Learn about Groovy mixins and Scala traits, the differences, and how to use them.
- IBM@JavaOne 2013: The IBM sessions
Don't miss your opportunity to glean invaluable knowledge from IBM's Java experts and to learn about their vital contributions to the Java ecosystem.
- Java.next: Leap beyond extension limitations with Groovy
Find out how Groovy metaprogramming gives you easy solutions to common problems.
- Java.next: Extension without inheritance with Clojure
Explore Clojure's protocols. Extend Java extension capabilities in novel ways and find elegant solutions to the Expression Problem.
- Mobile for the masses: Words and gestures with Overheard
Extend your app with richer features and functionality, which you can write yourself or get from a third-party library. Integrating new features into your UI is easy if you know how to talk to the 'bot.
- Faster problem solving in Java with heuristic
Learn about heuristic search via a Java-based implementation of A* — the most widely used heuristic search algorithm — that avoids expensive garbage collection and exploits a high-performance alternative to the JCF.
- alt.lang.jre (Multiple authors)
- AOP@Work (Multiple authors)
- Automation for the people (Duvall)
- Classworking toolkit (Sosnoski)
- Crossing Borders (Tate)
- Evolutionary architecture and emergent design (Ford)
- 5 things you didn't know about ... (Neward)
- Functional thinking (Ford)
- In pursuit of code quality (Glover)
- Java development 2.0 (Glover)