Choose one of the following online evaluation exercises to learn more about how Rational supports a broad range of capabilities across the product and systems development lifecycle.
Exercise 1: Managing the whole product development lifecycle with IBM Rational solution for systems and software engineering: Organizations today are developing increasingly complex products and systems, and the corresponding engineering effort is resulting in equally complex webs of linked lifecycle data and the need for more integrated development processes. The IBM Rational Solution for Systems and Software Engineering helps you specify, design, implement, and validate complex products and systems with an integrated set of tools and practices. Take a tour across the whole product development lifecycle and learn how IBM helps you manage development complexity, traceability, and compliance needs whilst improving quality and reducing time to market.
Exercise 2: Requirements Management with IBM Rational DOORS: IBM Rational DOORS, enables product and systems stakeholders to collaborate in capture, review, and management of complex requirements sets as demanded by today's systems engineering challenges. Learn how easy it is to author, review, discuss, edit, and add requirements and create traceability reports that enable requirements fulfilment and compliance to be easily tracked.
Exercise 3: Systems engineering and embedded software development with IBM Rational Rhapsody: Learn how IBM Rational Rhapsody helps automate the systems engineering and embedded software development process and validate designs earlier, when defects are less costly to address. Find out more about the systems engineering and software engineering capabilities in Rational Rhapsody.
Learn about this exercise
The IBM Rational solution for systems and software engineering is an integrated solution helping teams to specify, design, implement and validate complex products and the software that powers them. It offers an integrated set of capabilities to enable you to predictably deliver competitive, high-quality products while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Get requirements right: Solicit, engineer, document, and trace requirements. Help your stakeholders define what they want, help them get it, and help your teams deliver when change inevitably occurs.
- Create resilient architectures and innovative designs: Use visual modeling to validate requirements, to derive architectures, and to build embedded and real-time software.
- Automate collaboration: Integrate planning and execution, automate workflows, and manage change across diverse engineering disciplines and development teams.
- Manage quality: Use collaborative quality planning, automated testing, and defect management to achieve quality by design.
- Analyze cross domain, cross-lifecycle information: Organize, visualize and analyze your engineering data to make more effective decisions and accelerate product innovation.
Learn more about IBM Rational solutions:
The following products are included in these exercises: