IBM® Rational® Performance Tester is a performance testing tool that identifies the presence and cause of system performance bottlenecks. Combining multiple ease-of-use features with granular detail, Rational Performance Tester simplifies the test-creation, load-generation and data-collection processes that help teams ensure the ability of their applications to accommodate required user loads.
This trial has all features enabled. Download the trial for an evaluation period of 30 days.
|Windows, Linux||V8.3||110MB-125MB*||IBM Installation Manager (recommended)|
|AIX, Windows||V8.3||2130MB||HTTP | Download Director|
* IBM Installation Manager is about 90MB. The size of the trial code itself and the download time required varies according to the product components you select. The estimated download time using Download Director over a 1.5Mbps connection is approximately 4 hours, significantly less when using Installation Manager.
The trial version of Rational Performance Tester allows you to emulate up to five concurrent virtual users without using a license key to install the product. When you install the trial version, the Rational Performance Tester installer will launch a License Key Administration Wizard that asks for a license. Select Cancel to continue the installation.
If you would like to use more than five concurrent virtual users for your product evaluation, please contact a Rational sales representative.
When you download this trial you are entitled to submit technical problems and questions through our limited online support program.
Browse the how-to resources including tutorials, articles, demos, production documentation, webcasts, forums, a searchable knowledge database, and more.
Languages supportedChinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese Brazilian, Spanish
Related products and technologies
- Rational Performance Application Analyzer: Enables users to identify slow performing application code that causes system performance bottlenecks during load testing.
- Rational Quality Manager: Provides quality assurance teams with a means to track all aspects of the quality assurance effort, from requirements to test cases, defects and results.
- Rational Functional Tester: This advanced, automated functional and regression testing tool is for testers and GUI developers who need superior control for testing applications based on Java™, Microsoft® Visual Studio .NET®, and Web technologies.
- More software development trials
How to convert trial code to product code
Converting trial code to product code is a simple process of installing a license activation kit that you download from IBM after you purchase the product. You will not have to uninstall or reinstall the product. Please note that there is optional packaged software which will be available for official download to supplement the trial after purchase via your Passport Advantage site.
Learn more about how to get your Rational license keys.
To help you get started quickly and maximize your productivity with IBM Rational products, a variety of service options are available, including technical support, professional services, and instructor-led and Web-based training.
Tell your boss
- The business value of software quality
- Case study: Continuously ensuring quality
- Migrate from HP to IBM Rational: IBM IT lifecycle quality management solutions
- Webcasts: IBM Rational Sofware Development Platform
- Complimentary developerWorks Rational tester eKit
- IBM Rational technical library
- Rational Performance Tester: Get to the bottom of application performance issues