Rational Functional Tester is an automated functional and regression testing solution for QA teams concerned with the quality of their Java™, Web-based, Microsoft® Visual Studio .NET®, terminal-based, SAP, Siebel and Web 2.0 applications.
This trial has all features enabled. Download the trial for an evaluation period of 30 days.
|Windows, Linux||V8.3||90-91MB*||Installation Manager (recommended)|
|Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Windows||V8.3||1759MB||HTTP | Download Director|
* IBM Installation Manager is about 90MB. The size of the trial code itself and the download time required varies according to the product components and language you select. The estimated download time using Download Director over a 1.5Mbps connection is approximately 3 hours, 15 minutes, significantly less when using Installation Manager.
When you download this trial, you are entitled to submit technical problems and questions through our limited online support program.
Browse the how-to resources including tutorials, articles, demos, production documentation, webcasts, forums, a searchable knowledge database, and more.
Languages supported: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese Brazilian, Spanish
Related products and technologies
- Rational Robot: Rational Robot automates functional, regression, and smoke testing of applications.
- Rational Performance Tester: Rational Performance Tester is a load and performance testing solution for teams concerned about the scalability of their Web-based applications.
- More software development trials
How to convert trial code to product code
Converting trial code to product code is a simple process of installing a license activation kit that you download from IBM after you purchase the product. You will not have to uninstall or reinstall the product.
If you purchase floating licenses, and you want to use license keys to control usage within your organization, you will instead log into the Rational License Key Center to download the Rational License Manager and generate the appropriate license keys.
For more details, see Product Activation of Eclipse-based Rational products.
To help you get started quickly and maximize your productivity with IBM Rational products, a variety of service options are available, including technical support, professional services, and instructor-led and Web-based training.
IBM Rational Functional Tester is available for purchase with either authorized user (single user) or floating (concurrent user) licenses. Read a guide to selecting the licensing option that is best for you.
Tell your boss
- Test Automation ROI Calculator
- Case study: Continuously ensuring quality
- Migrate from HP to IBM Rational: IBM IT lifecycle quality management solutions
- What's new in IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 8.1
- Complimentary developerWorks Rational tester eKit
- Functional and GUI Testing forum