IBM® Rational® Business Developer is designed to meet the needs of business developers, providing a simplified, highly productive, and comprehensive development environment for the EGL language. It includes tools to develop, test, and debug EGL applications and services that can be generated as Java™ or COBOL and deployed to various application servers, such as WebSphere Application Server, and enterprise environments on System z and Power Systems. EGL also simplifies development of open standards-based Web 2.0 style applications, thus providing a common language across both client and server.
This trial has all features enabled. Download the trial for an evaluation period of 60 days.
|Windows, Linux||V9.1||125MB*||Installation Manager (recommended)|
|Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Windows™||V9.1||240MB-2.6GB||HTTP | Download Director|
* IBM Installation Manager is about 90MB. The size of the trial code itself and the download time required varies according to the product components you select. The estimated download time using Download Director over a 1.5Mbps connection is approximately 12 hours to 17 hours, significantly less when using Installation Manager.
Browse the how-to resources including tutorials, articles, demos, production documentation, webcasts, forums, a searchable knowledge database, and more.
Languages supported: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Spanish
Related products and technologies
- Rational Developer for System z™
- Rational Developer for Power Systems Software, included for evaluation in the IBM Enterprise Modernization Sandbox for Power Systems
- More software development trials
How to convert trial code to product code
Converting trial code to product code is a simple process of installing a license activation kit that you download from IBM after you purchase the product. You will not have to uninstall or reinstall the product.
If you purchase floating licenses, and you want to use license keys to control usage within your organization, you will instead log into the Rational License Key Center to download the Rational License Manager and generate the appropriate license keys.
For more details, see Product Activation of Eclipse-based Rational products.
You can explore the available purchasing options for Rational Business Developer.
To help you get started quickly and maximize your productivity with IBM Rational products, a variety of service options are available, including technical support, professional services, and instructor-led and Web-based training.
IBM Rational Business Developer is available for purchase with either authorized user (single user) or floating (concurrent user) licenses. Read a guide to selecting the licensing option that is best for you.
Tell your boss
- Enterprise Generation Language: Leveraging existing IT skills and resources for today's modern applications
- Rational Business Developer: Executive Overview
- Create and consume Web services using a simple and powerful tool (PDF)
- EGL forum
- Rational Business Developer zone on developerWorks
- Accelerate delivery of business solutions with IBM Rational Business Developer software (PDF)