IBM® Rational® Modeler is a free, UML® 2.1 based environment for specifying systems, software, and architecture. Created by one of UML's founders and a key UML specification author, Rational Modeler enables users to improve communication by specifying, visualizing and documenting their system, architecture and software designs using a standard graphical language.
This product is available in the following languages: English, German, Japanese, French, Swedish, Spanish.
Please use the Rational Modeler Community User Forum to post questions, find information, and collaborate with other users regarding modeling with UML, best practices, tips, and hints.
For assistance downloading the software or installing, please contact us. For large development teams that need to manage many design configurations, IBM® offers the Rational® Modeler Corporate Edition™, which includes interfaces to popular configuration management solutions like Rational ClearCase®, Rational Synergy™ and email customer support.
The resources below provide information on installing and using Rational Modeler.
- Product support forum
- Tech support e-mail link
- Product upgrades and technical support for purchased products
- Rational Modeler on developerWorks
- Rational Rhapsody demos
- All Rational tutorials
- Rational products technical library
Subscribe to updates
Explore available purchasing options for IBM® Rational® Modeler Rhapsody® Corporate Edition™, which provides team collaboration for large development team by interfacing to popular configuration management tools such as Rational ClearCase® and Rational Synergy™ and email customer support.
Tell your boss
- Podcast: Find value in your embedded development tools
- Whitepaper: Deliver robust products with model-driven testing and quality management
- Video: Rational software helps Eaton and UPS reduce fuel consumption
- Webcast: MDA + Rational Rhapsody = One unbeatable solution
- Video: Grady Booch discusses systems engineering for building smart products
- Video: Smarter software delivery: From "design" to "done," faster
- Solution brief: Delivering innovation through model driven systems development