IBM® Rational® Modeler is a free, UML® 2.1 based environment for specifying systems, software, and architecture. Created by one of UML's founders and a key UML specification author, Rational Modeler enables users to improve communication by specifying, visualizing and documenting their system, architecture and software designs using a standard graphical language.
This product is available in the following languages: English, German, Japanese, French, Swedish, Spanish.
This trial has all features enabled. Download the product at no charge. (See the installation notes below the table.)
|Windows||1.0||200MB||HTTP | Download Director|
The estimated download time using Download Director over a 1.5Mbps connection is 18 minutes.
- When the installer prompts you to choose an edition, select the free product, Rational Rhapsody Modeler Edition.
- Windows Vista® users: Run the installation with the Administrator account. To change to the Administrator account, click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as. In the Run as window, select the administrator account. Then change the current directory to the location of the downloaded Rational Modeler MSI file and run the file.
- The Corporate edition requires a license key that must be purchased from IBM. If you
installed the Corporate Edition by mistake and get a pop-up window requesting a license key,
you can switch to the license free Modeler Edition using one of following methods:
- Uninstall the Corporate Edition and reinstall the Modeler Edition.
- Edit the rhapsody.ini file:
- Open the rhapsody.ini file in a text editor such as Notepad. This file is located in the default installation directory of Rational Modeler, C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody Modeler\7.5.
- Change the
- Save the file and restart Rational Modeler.
Browse the how-to resources including tutorials, articles, demos, production documentation, webcasts, forums, a searchable knowledge database, and more.
Offered at no charge, Rational Modeler allows users to gain access to a robust graphical design environment with check model facility, ability to create domain languages through profiles and requirements modeling. Rational Modeler models can be upgraded to the Rational Rhapsody family for model driven development (MDD) with behavioral code generation, model execution, SysML, UPDM, MARTE, model driven testing, and more.
Related products and technologies