IBM® Rational® Modeler is a free, UML® 2.1 based environment for specifying systems, software, and architecture. Created by one of UML's founders and a key UML specification author, Rational Modeler enables users to improve communication by specifying, visualizing and documenting their system, architecture and software designs using a standard graphical language.
This product is available in the following languages: English, German, Japanese, French, Swedish, Spanish.
This trial has all features enabled. Download the product at no charge. (See the installation notes below the table.)
|Windows||1.0||200MB||HTTP | Download Director|
The estimated download time using Download Director over a 1.5Mbps connection is 18 minutes.
Academic Users: Rhapsody is free for research and classroom.
Browse the how-to resources including tutorials, articles, demos, production documentation, webcasts, forums, a searchable knowledge database, and more.
Offered at no charge, Rational Modeler allows users to gain access to a robust graphical design environment with check model facility, ability to create domain languages through profiles and requirements modeling. Rational Modeler models can be upgraded to the Rational Rhapsody family for model driven development (MDD) with behavioral code generation, model execution, SysML, UPDM, MARTE, model driven testing, and more.
Related products and technologies
Explore available purchasing options for IBM® Rational® Modeler Rhapsody® Corporate Edition™, which provides team collaboration for large development team by interfacing to popular configuration management tools such as Rational ClearCase® and Rational Synergy™ and email customer support.
Tell your boss
- Podcast: Find value in your embedded development tools
- Whitepaper: Deliver robust products with model-driven testing and quality management
- Video: Rational software helps Eaton and UPS reduce fuel consumption
- Webcast: MDA + Rational Rhapsody = One unbeatable solution
- Video: Grady Booch discusses systems engineering for building smart products
- Video: Smarter software delivery: From "design" to "done," faster
- Solution brief: Delivering innovation through model driven systems development