Set up a DB2 data source on DataPower
This section shows you how to set up a DB2 data source on DataPower using the DataPower WebGUI.
- Log into the DataPower WebGUI using your preferred domain.
- To create or modify an SQL data source, expand NETWORK in the left-hand
menu and click on SQL Data Source. Click Add to create a new SQL
data source as Figure 19 indicates.
Figure 19. DataPower SQL Data Source setup
- In the next dialog, provide all the necessary connection information. For the
Name, enter DB2LUW95. Make sure the Admin State is set to enabled
or DataPower will not connect to the database. Select DB2 (version 9) as
the Database type. The version 9 driver also works with older DB2 versions.
Enter your connection username and password. Enter the Data Source ID (sample),
the Data Source Host (126.96.36.199), and Data Source Port (50000). Set Limit
Returned Data and Allow Red-only Access to off. Set the Maximum
Connections to 10.
Figure 20. Configure a database connection
- Click Apply to save your settings. To persist configuration settings beyond DataPower shutdowns, click the Save Config button in the upper right corner.
- The data source will be up and running (and ready for use) when the Op-State says
up (Figure 21). You can refresh the view by clicking the Refresh List link -- it can
take some time until the data source is connected to the database.
Figure 21. Operation state is up
The Data Source Configuration Parameters tab allows you to specify additional connection parameters. In DB2, you can define the CLI/ODBC configuration keywords here. More information on the DB2 CLI/ODBC configuration keywords can be found in The DB2 9.5 Information Center.
This concludes the data source setup. Now you need to copy the generated artifacts over to the DataPower box.