Before you start
Learn what to expect from this tutorial, and how to get the most out of it.
This tutorial provides a step-by-step guide to creating your first Data Web Service using IBM Data Studio.
In this tutorial, you learn how do the following:
- Create a database connection
- Create a Data development project
- Create an SQL script
- Create a Web service
- Add SQL scripts
- Add stored procedures to the Web service
- Add a Web server
- Deploy a Web service
- Test the Web service
This tutorial assumes that you have the following products installed:
- IBM DB2 9.5 for Linux, Unix, and Windows. However, you can use any supported Data Web Service DB2 database. In addition, you must have the DB2 SAMPLE database installed. If you do not have the SAMPLE database installed, refer to your DB2 Information Center for instructions on installation.
- IBM Data Studio V1.1. During installation, ensure that the Data Web Services Development component is selected.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition V1.1, a free Web server from IBM. A WebSphere Application Server Community Edition installation image may be bundled with your IBM Data Studio installation. If not, refer to the WebSphere Application Server Community Edition Web page for additional information or to download the WebSphere Application Server Community Edition installation image.