Plug and play new log types in searching
You can add new data to the repository anytime! In this tutorial, you will use the pre-extracted email data which is provided in the downloads section.
Perform the following steps.
- In HDFS, click the Create Directory icon under the Files tab to create a directory batch_inbox under /GOMDADemo/output/extract_out.
- Copy the contents of the downloaded data_and_config/data/extract_out and data/extract_out/batch_inbox over to /GOMDADemo/output/extract_out and /GOMDADemo/output/extract_out/batch_inbox respectively in HDFS. Now you are ready to index the email data.
- From the BigInsights console, click the
Applications tab and then click the
Tree view icon. Expand the Machine
Data Analytics: Search folder and select the
Index application. Provide the following
inputs and outputs.
- Source directory - /GOMDADemo/output/extract_out.
- Output path - /GOMDADemo/output/index_out.
This will incrementally add the new email batch to the index repository already containing data from the Web Access, WebSphere and Oracle database layers.
- Browse to the location pointed by the output path and click batch_list.json. batch_list.json contains the list of all the batches that have been successfully indexed and available in the searchable repository.
- You will notice batch_inbox along with batch_webaccess, batch_was, batch_oradb in the list. This confirms that you now have a searchable repository of indexed data that contains log information from the Web Access, WebSphere, Oracle database application layers and the email data.