Consolidated searchable repository of all logs
Next, you will index the data into a consolidated searchable repository.
Perform the following steps.
- From the BigInsights console, click the Applications tab and select the Tree view icon.
- Expand the Machine Data Analytics: Search folder
and select the Index application. Provide the
following inputs and outputs.
- Source directory: /GOMDADemo/output/extract_out.
- Output path: /GOMDADemo/output/index_out.
- Browse to the location pointed by the output path. Click on batch_list.json. You will notice batch_webaccess, batch_was, batch_oradb in the list. This confirms that you now have a searchable repository of indexed data that contains log information from the Web Access, WebSphere and Oracle database application layers.
- If you have already completed Part 2: Speeding up analysis of new log types of this series, you will also have batch_inbox in the list. You now have email data in this searchable repository!
- If you have not completed Part 2: Speeding up analysis of new log types, you will
not see the batch_inbox listed in the result. You will be
adding that information in the Plug and Play
new log types in searching section of this tutorial.
Figure 3 shows the results of successful execution of the Index application.
Figure 3. Run the Index application
If you already successfully added email data in the previous step, or if working with a new custom type is not of interest for your use case, you can skip the Plug and Play new log types in searching section of this tutorial and jump to the Search! section.