Ten features to search any machine data
Take a look at the following overview and highlights of the features of IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics that can be used to search any machine data.
- Bring in and extract the data using the Import-Extract chain.
- Create a consolidated searchable repository of all logs.
- Add custom log types to the repository and plug and play new log types in searching.
- Prepare for search, observe automatic discovery of facets.
- Observe the chronological view of events including emails.
- Perform the search.
- Show only the facets that are meaningful to the use case. Learn how to accomplish this in the Configure the user interface for your use case section.
- Add any missing fields from custom log types in the Configure the index to add fields from custom log types section.
- Finally, learn how to optimize the index size by creating only the necessary facets in the Optimize! Burn configuration into the index section.
- View the resulting Search interface.
The data scientists at the Sample Outdoors company had the following machine data from the customer.
- CustomerFrontEnd application – An Apache web access-based application
- CustomerBackend application – An IBM WebSphere server-based application
- CustomerDbApp application – An Oracle database application
They also had emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
They wanted to bring all this information together to start building a consolidated searchable repository.