Optimize! Burn configuration into the index
The data scientists at the Sample Outdoors company had configured the user interface to remove certain facets from the user interface. Their teams had worked on this configured user interface for a few days and were able to accomplish their search needs. The data scientists now wanted to burn this configuration into the index. Removing the facets that are not required for their use case from the index would optimize the size of their resulting index and search times.
Perform the following steps.
- In HDFS, click the Create Directory icon under the Files tab in the console to create a config directory under /GOMDADemo.
- Click the Upload icon under the
Files tab in the console to upload the
previously downloaded index.config (from the Configure the user interface for your use
case section) to /GOMDADemo/config.
- Notice that the configuration also has a field createFacet set to false for all the fields where the showFacet was set to false. The Index application will not create facets for these fields.
- To re-run the Index application, making the following changes.
- Click on the previous Index application execution.
- Keep the entries for Source directory and Output path the same as before.
- Point the Configuration file to /GOMDADemo/config/index.config.
- Select the Re-create Indexes check box to delete the existing index and create a new one.
- Re-run the copyIndex.sh utility, this time indicating Y to overwrite the existing index.
- Refresh the browser instance to point to the optimized index.