Configure the user interface for your use case
The data scientists at the Sample Outdoors company wanted to configure the user interface for their use case. They wanted to keep the facets that were meaningful and remove the rest. They also wanted to configure the results view so that some of the default facets shown in context were removed, while others were added.
Perform the following steps.
- The downloaded index.config can be found at downloaded data_and_config//config/index.config.
- Replace index.config from <accelerator_install_location>/mda_indexes/index directory with the downloaded one.
- The downloaded index.config has the following modifications.
- The showFacet field has been set to false for several facets. This hides the facets in the user interface.
- The showInResult has been set to false for several facets. This removes the facets display in the context of the result.
- The showInResult has been set to true for some facets. This adds the facets to be displayed in the context of the result.
- The createFacet field has been set to false for all the fields where showFacet is set to false. You will use this later in the Optimize! Burn configuration into the index section of the tutorial.
- Restart the console as follows.
- Start a command line session to the machine running the console.
- Log in as BigInsights administrator user, default is biadmin.
- First run $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/bin/stop.sh console, then run $BIGINSIGHTS_HOME/bin/start.sh console.
- Refresh the browser instance pointing to the user interface.
- Observe the changes. Numerous facets that were not applicable to the use case are not shown any more. Only the applicable facets are shown in context of the results pane.
The data scientists at the Sample Outdoors company made the configured search interface available to their teams to use. Once the teams are successfully able to accomplish their tasks, the data scientists will burn the configuration into the index.