Before you start
One of the primary advantages and strengths of IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics is the capability and ease with which the tool can be configured and customized. This series of articles and tutorials is for those who want to get an introduction to the accelerator and further accelerate the analysis of machine data with the idea of getting custom insights.
In Part 1 of this series, you looked at some known logs and some lesser known logs. In Part 2 of this series, a new log type to analyze a new data type is created. In this tutorial, you will see how the new email log type will plug and play just like the out-of-the-box and generic types. You will also get a consolidated view of all these logs and an ability to search across them.
If new log types are not of interest, you will learn how the out-of the box and generic types can be used for searching.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to do the following.
- Use the out-of-the-box log types in indexing and searching.
- Plug and play customized log types in indexing and searching.
- Observe how facets are automatically discovered for out-of-the-box and customized log types.
- Configure indexing and searching to match the use case.
You will also learn how to use the Application chains shipped with the accelerator.
Read Part 1: Speeding up machine data analysis of this series to get an overview of the IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics. Optionally complete Part 2: Speeding up analysis of new log types of this series, if you would like to learn how to customize the accelerator for new log types.
To run the examples in this tutorial, you need the following.
- BigInsights v2.0 installed.
- IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics installed.
- A data set for machine data analysis. Refer to the Download section for the link to download the data.