Peek into the tooling
You will now take a quick look at how to use the tooling before you start making changes to the code.
Let's start simple. You will run the generic set of rules on one record of email data and observe the results.
Perform the following steps.
- Under the project, create a directory called data.
- Add a file called one_email. You can get it from the code_and_data.zip file in the Download section. The file contains one record of email data.
- Next, you will run the AQL rules for the generic set, as shown in
- Right click the project, and select Run As.
- Click Run Configurations.
- In the wizard, click Text Analytics.
- Click on the Launch New Configuration icon on the top left corner.
- Name the configuration as email_generic.
- Under modules, select extractor_generic.
- For Location of the Input document collection, select MDAExtractApp/data.
- Click Run.
Figure 8. Run configuration to test generic AQL rules on email data
- Notice the results as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9. Result of generic AQL rules on email data
Note: The AQL rules to identify Date, Time and DateTime identify all occurrences of timestamps in a record. The primary timestamp in particular, represented by LogDateTime, is identified outside of these rules.