Take control! Prepare for customization
Use the source code shipped as a BigInsights project for the Extraction application to provide richer support for the email data.
Perform the following steps.
- Open the Eclipse instance where you have installed BigInsights Eclipse tooling. To get more information on installing the BigInsights Eclipse tooling, open the BigInsights console and go to the Console tab. Then under Quick Links, select Enable your Eclipse development environment for BigInsights application development. Follow the instructions to install the Eclipse tooling.
- Locate the source project for the Extraction application (MDAExtractionApp_eclipse.zip) in your accelerator's installation directory, under the bin folder.
- Import the MDAExtractApp_eclipse.zip as an Eclipse project. First, open the BigInsights perspective. From the Window menu, select Open Perspective, then select BigInsights. If it does not show up in the list, it may be listed under Other.
- On the Project Explorer, right click the Import menu and select Existing Projects into workspace.
- In the wizard, select archive file. Point to MDAExtractApp_eclipse.zip.
- Click Finish.
You have imported the Extraction application source code. Next, you will get a brief overview of the structure of this project.