Before you start
One of the primary advantages and strengths of IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics is the capability and ease with which the tool can be configured and customized. This series of articles and tutorials is for those who want to get an introduction to the accelerator and further accelerate the analysis of machine data with the idea of getting custom insights.
This tutorial is a step-by-step example of the use of IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analysis to analyze a completely new type of data. It creates the groundwork for Part 3, which illustrates how you can plug and play this new log type into indexing and searching.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to do the following.
- Start your analysis of a new data set by using the out-of-the-box support in the accelerator.
- Identify missing fields needed for analysis.
- Customize the accelerator to create your own log type for subsequent analysis.
You should be familiar with BigInsights Text Analytics and AQL (Annotation Query Language). Some familiarity with BigInsights Text Analytics tooling is a plus but not required. Read Part 1: Speeding up machine data analysis of this series to get an overview of the IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics.
To run the examples in this tutorial, you need the following.
- BigInsights v2.0 installed.
- IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics installed.
- BigInsights v2.0 eclipse tooling installed.
- A data set for machine data analysis. Refer to the Download section for the link to download the data.