Grant limited access to default roles
By default, the group Everyone is included in the default roles in the built-in Cognos namespace, and hence, all of the users will have access to all of the reports. To grant limited access for pre-defined roles, perform the following steps.
- Log in to IBM Cognos BI application web interface with user1.
- Navigate to IBM Cognos Administration.
- Click the Security tab, and then click the Cognos namespace.
- Add the adminusers group (by navigating in TDS LDAP namespace) to System Administrators and Authors roles.
- Remove the Everyone group from the System
Administrators and Authors roles, as
shown in Figures 7 and 8.
Figure 7. Members of Authors role
Figure 8. Members of System Administrators role