User interface navigation
The InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay web console user interface navigation structure is shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. User interface navigation diagram
By default, no login is required to access the InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay web console. However to support multiple users and configure the console for user authentication, a repository database must be defined, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay web console
The Task launcher is the first page that is displayed. This page provides quick launch links for all the stages of the capture replay workload process stages. The key tasks and the getting started tasks can also be accessed from the menu.
This provides links to all the main tasks to manage a capture and replay workload life-cycle as shown previously in Figure 4.
- Capture: Capture a DB2 workload opens the Capture dialog where required information can be specified to create a new workload to capture traffic on a DB2 database.
- Transform: Transform a captured DB2 workload opens the Transform Dialog which enables transformation of a captured workload to a replay-ready workload.
- Replay: Replay a DB2 workload opens the Replay dialog. Here you can select a replay-ready workload and replay it on a DB2 database.
- Guardium web console: Open the Guardium web console link will allow you to log on to the Guardium web console. Here you can configure the S-TAP agent for the capture and replay database.
The Databases tab provides links to all the administration/setup tasks, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5. Monitored database screen
- Help: "Steps for capturing and replaying DB2 workloads" opens help with detailed instruction on how to use InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay web console.
- Add Databases: “Add database connections” opens the databases tab which allows you to configure database connections. All the databases used during the workload life-cycle are defined here. An option to add a new database is also available in the Capture and Transform dialogs.
Manage Privileges: Manage capture and replay
database privileges opens the Manage Privileges tab. In order to
perform the various tasks in the workload life-cycle, a user ID
with privileges to perform the corresponding task must be
The Enable and Disable tab as shown in the Manage Privileges page in Figure 6 lists the privileges that are available for a selected database.
Figure 6. Manage privileges – enable and disable
The privileges of database users/groups/roles for the selected database can be managed in the Grant and Revoke tab as shown in the Figure 7. Users with appropriate privileges can grant/revoke permissions to other users.
Figure 7. Manage privileges – grant and revoke
Manage access to web console opens the Console Security tab where the desired security mechanism for authenticating users can be selected, as shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8. Security management
Note: To support multiple users, a repository database must be configured first.
This panel provides links to resources that provide more information about the InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay product shown previously in Figure 4 in the section marked as 3 on the right bottom corner.
You can click Open Menu at the upper left corner of the web console to access links to all the key tasks that are accessible from the Task Launcher. The menu provides a few additional links, including the following.
- Capture and Replay: This opens the Capture and
Replay page which lists existing workloads in the SQL Workloads
tab and provides buttons to open the dialogs that are used to
create the stages of the capture and replay process life-cycle,
including Capture, Transform, and Replay and Report, as shown in
Figure 9. Capture and replay
- Configuration Repository: The Configuration
Repository tab lets you select a database as a repository which
can later be used to configure web console authentication, as
shown in Figure 10.
Figure 10. Select or edit a repository database connection