Finishing and testing the native function SPL application
The final step of the migration process is to compile and test the completed SPADE-to-SPL migration and porting solution. Complete the following steps.
- Compile the library and install include files that you updated
in the previous section.
- Compile the SPL application. This compilation should succeed,
because you addressed all of the migration issues through fix-ups and porting.
cd .. sc -T -M udf_at_work
The compilation process automatically creates a data subdirectory for the SPL application under the directory where the migrated SPL source was placed.
- Copy the original source input
file shopping_cart.dat from the SPADE data subdirectory into the
SPL data subdirectory.
cp ~/migrationsamples/udf/data/shopping_cart.dat data/
- Execute the standalone application.
./output/bin/standalone -d 0
- Check the contents of the data subdirectory to verify that the
application generated the expected output files and that their
sizes are not 0.
ls -l data/*.result
- Optionally, further inspect the contents of the output files to
verify that the application generated the expected output data,
which should be similar to that of the original SPADE application.
my_editor data/*.result &