After following the instructions in this tutorial you should now be able to automate IDS small footprint deployments using a combination of the IDS deployment utility and the embeddability toolkit contained in the Download section of the tutorial. You should have learned how to reduce the footprint of Informix Dynamic Server. This enables you to silently deploy and embed IDS on Linux, UNIX, and Windows. You can easily customize the configuration file and the scripts in the embeddability toolkit according to meet your own requirements.
This tutorial is the result of many people's efforts, and the author would like to thank the following individuals for their contributions.
In alphabetical order:
- Alan Caldera, Install/Datablades Architect - Informix Development
- Frank Welsch, Informix Information Developer
- Gerry Cousins, Software Developer - Informix Development
- Guy Bowerman, Informix Architect - Embeddability, Virtualization, and Cloud Computing
- Jasna Krmpotic, Technical Editor - IBM Information Management User Technology
- Ted Wasserman, Manager, WW Information Management Partner Technologies - Informix
- Tosin Ajayi, Software Developer - Informix Development