Define a scope
This step assumes you have the prerequisite software installed. In this section, create a development project where you will do your work and define a new scope under which you select all the business objects that you need for the initial data model.
- Start InfoSphere Data Architect.
- Select File > Import.
- In the import wizard, expand Industry Models.
- Select Packaged Content, then click on
Next, as shown in Figure 1:
Figure 1. Importing packaged content in IDA
- Enter a name for the project (for example,
MyDevProj-BDW V8.2), then click on Next.
- Select the packaged content to import (in this case, BDW
V8.2), and then select Finish, as
shown in Figure 2:
Figure 2. Importing the industry model in IDA
Now you can define a new scope in the development project you just created.
- In the project explorer, navigate to your project, MyDevproj-BDW V8.2.
- Go to Scope, then right-click and select New, which brings up a window that displays all scopes that are defined under BDW V8.2.
- Click on the Add button, which automatically
creates a new scope with name "NewScope." Give a better name to
this new scope (for example,
- Create a short description for this scope by entering your
comments under Properties/Documentation, as shown
in Figure 3:
Figure 3. Define a and document new scope in IDA
Now you are ready to move on to the next step.