A. Creating an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account
Follow these steps to create your account.
- Visit http://aws.amazon.com, and click the Sign Up Now button. The Get Started window appears, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Get Started screen
- Enter your email address. Be sure to use an email address that is Web-accessible for this tutorial. You will need to check it in order to complete the registration process.
- Click I am a new customer.
- Click Sign in using our secure server. The Amazon.com sign-in window appears, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2. Amazon.com sign in
- Fill in your information, and click Create account. The Registration screen appears, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Registration screen
- Fill in the contact information, as shown in Figure 4, and click Continue.
Figure 4. Contact information
- Optionally check your email to receive your confirmation email.
- Click the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud link, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5. Selecting the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud link
- Click Sign Up For Amazon EC2.
- Sign in with your account information, as shown in Figure 6, and click Sign in using our secure server.
Figure 6. Amazon.com sign in
- Read the pricing information.
- Enter your payment information, as shown in Figure 7, and click Continue.
Figure 7. Payment screen
- Enter your billing address by either typing a different billing address or by clicking Use this address to use previously entered contact details.
- Click Continue.
- Review the Summary window, as shown in Figure 8. If all the information is correct, click Complete Sign Up.
Figure 8. Completing the sign up