This tutorial focuses on Informix Data Warehousing concepts, strategies, utilities, and commands. It tells you what you need to know about warehousing before taking the Informix system administration certification exam. You should now have a better understanding of Informix warehousing operations, and you should be able to do the following.
- Know the concepts and usages of Data Warehousing.
- Understand the multi-index scans concept.
- Increase query performance with the star join optimization feature.
- Understand the use of fragmentation with Data Warehousing.
- Take advantage of combine update, insert, and delete operations into a single statement.
- Understand the use of an external table.