This tutorial introduced some of the new performance features in Informix. The tutorial did the following:
- Introduced some operating considerations that need to be taken into account when configuring your operating system to get the most out of Informix.
- Discussed the
ONCONFIGfile, with some attention paid to configuring it for optimal usage of operating system resources.
- Explained non-blocking checkpoints, which can provide a significant performance boost.
- Considered update statistics, including statistics maintenance, which will guide the optimizer to choose the fastest query plan.
- Discussed some performance enhancements and features of indexes,
including self-join and
- Presented self-tuning features of the database server.
You should now be better prepared for Part 4 of the System Administration Certification exam 919 for Informix v11.70.
Continue your education with the other parts of the certification series.