The goal of this tutorial was to introduce you to DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows 10.1, its editions, tools and more. Now that you have reached the end of it, you should be able to:
- Describe the similarities and differences between the different DB2 product editions that are available and know which would be more suited for situations/scenarios you may encounter.
- Identify the different workloads that are typically seen in DB2 database environments, and know which product / functionality should be used to scale an OLTP or OLAP/data warehouse environment.
- Use the command-line tools that are available with DB2.
- Use IBM Data Studio to administer your databases and access/manipulate the data stored in them.
- Choose how to store non-traditional data in a DB2 database.
- Know where to go when you need help.
Since the DB2 10.1 Fundamentals certification exam (Exam 610) is focused on DB2 10.1, this tutorial is based on this specific version. As DB2 is evolving constantly, should you have questions regarding future releases of DB2, it’s recommended that you access the DB2 Information Center for the desired information.