At the core of IBM's software solution for information management is a powerful family of relational database management system (RDBMS) servers. In addition, IBM has built information management software for purposes that include data warehousing, data analysis, data mining, media asset management, enterprise content management and information integration.
The IBM Information Management family of products spans a wide variety of UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms, the IBM System i (i5/OS operating system), and IBM System z (z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE and Linux) server lines.
- Find more information about DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows on the New to DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows page.
- Check out the Getting started with DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows page for many more useful links.
- Learn how you can grow your skills using the DB2 role-based skills roadmaps.
- Grow your skills with the wealth of articles you'll find on the DB2 family page on developerWorks.
- Explore developerWorks resources for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- Explore developerWorks resources for DB2 for z/OS.
- Resources for IMS are available on the developerWorks Application development for IMS page.
Integration is the efficient and flexible combination of resources to optimize operations across and beyond the enterprise. It includes connecting people with current and relevant information, the integration of end-to-end business processes to help streamline operations, and the integration of information to provide a consolidated view of data, regardless of where it resides.
Go to the Getting started with InfoSphere Federation Server page for links to help you understand the IBM information integration strategy.
Explore resources for information integration at the developerWorks InfoSphere page to gain in-depth skills. Then learn more about how you can grow your Information Integration skills using the Information integration role-based skills roadmaps.
- InfoSphere Change Data Capture
- InfoSphere Information Server
- InfoSphere Federation Server
- InfoSphere Replication Server
- InfoSphere DataStage
- InfoSphere Information Analyzer
- InfoSphere QualityStage
- InfoSphere Information Services Director
- InfoSphere Business Glossary
- InfoSphere Data Event Publisher
Enterprise Content Management
IIBM solutions for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) help organizations make better decisions faster by managing content, optimizing business processes and enabling compliance. IBM enterprise content management solutions provide a flexible and scalable framework:
- Content Management provides scalable enterprise repositories, enterprise report management, and offers collaboration from the desktop to the enterprise. Content Management products feature Content Manager, Content Manager OnDemand, FileNet Content Manager, and the new Collaboration Editions.
- Document centric business process management automates, streamlines, and analyzes business processes. FileNet Active Content Edition is the featured product.
- Search and Discovery offers secure and scalable enterprise search, content classification, electronic discovery and analytics solutions to improve decision effectiveness and drive better business outcomes.
Learn more about IBM Enterprise Content Management and explore a wealth of articles and tutorials at the developerWorks Enterprise Content Management Zone. In addition, explore enterprise search and information access capabilities at the IBM OmniFind page on developerWorks.
Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
IBM data warehousing and business intelligence software gathers, manages, and analyzes data, generating powerful business insight. InfoSphere Warehouse solutions simplify warehouse management and deliver business intelligence capabilities by fully integrating data consolidation, management, delivery, and analytic capabilities into a single software solution. Learn how you can grow your data warehousing and business intelligence skills using the Data Warehousing and Analytics role-based skills roadmaps. In addition, many articles and tutorials are available at the developerWorks Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence page.