| || |
|Create database objects||Page 1 of 2|
Download the sql scripts included with this tutorial. Use the IBM DB2 projects to create these objects.
- Launch the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET IDE.
- Create a new IBM DB2 project. Name it dbProj.
- Right-click the Scripts folder and select Add Existing Item from the menu.
- Add the sql scripts, getRateUDF.db2 and customerTable.db2.
The getRateUDF.sql script contains the DB2 script to create a user defined function that calls the getRate Web service from www.xmethods.net.
The customerTable.db2 script contains the DB2 script to create the customer table.
- Build the project.
- In the IBM DB2 Output Message window, you will see messages indicating that the scripts were built successfully.