This article describes the IBM® DB2® pureScale Feature®. It offers clustering technology that helps reduce the risk and cost of business growth, with application cluster transparency, scalability, and continuous availability. Organizations that run online transaction processing (OLTP) applications on distributed systems can use DB2 pureScale Feature to scale a database solution. It also provides resiliency through workload balancing and automatic client reroute as driven by an IBM Data Server driver or client.
In this article
The purpose of this article is to highlight the main features of DB2 pureScale Feature.
You’ll learn about the following:
- IBM Data Server drivers and clients.
- Server lists.
- Member priority.
- Workload balancing (WLB).
- Automatic client reroute (ACR).
- First connection redundancy.
- Client affinities.
- Client affinities configuration reload.
- Advanced timeout configuration.
- Application considerations.
|Article in PDF format||DB2_pureScale_Feature_WLB_ACR_Client_Affinities_concepts_and_admin.pdf||335KB|
- Visit the developerWorks Information Management zone to find more resources for DB2 developers and administrators.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Attend a free developerWorks Live! briefing to get up-to-speed quickly on IBM products and tools as well as IT industry trends.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
- Watch developerWorks on-demand demos ranging from product installation and setup demos for beginners, to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
Get products and technologies
- Build your next development project with IBM trial software, available for download directly from developerWorks.
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.