If performance is an issue with your database, it's vital to understand the issues surrounding row and table locking. This article is a "how-to" guide for dealing with issues related to locking in DB2 Universal Database.
Topics covered include:
- The tools for monitoring locks
- Resolving lock issues and reducing locking
- Avoiding lock escalations
- Resolving lock waits
- Resolving deadlocks
- Locking notes specific to partitioned databases
- A case study
- Sample scripts and monitoring output
|Read the full article (PDF) here:||0310wilkins.pdf||120KB|
Dig deeper into Information management on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Experiment with new directions in software development.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.