A key requirement for leveraging economies of scale from corporate data is for data placement to be transparent to users and applications. DB2 Connect is IBM middleware for connectivity to zSeries- and iSeries-based DB2 systems (it's really so much more than just connectivity as a matter of fact), as well as IMS™, CICS®, and VSAM resources.
Different editions and pricing models for DB2 Connect are available to suit the needs of different businesses. This article presents a high-level introduction to DB2 Connect and includes a detailed discussion of the different editions and pricing models to help you decide which DB2 Connect edition is right for you.
This article includes significant changes to the DB2 Connect packaging including the Mobility-on-Demand component added in the DB2 V8.2 release and the new DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for iSeries package that became available in September 2005 - around the time DB2 Connect V8.2.3 was released.
- What is DB2 Connect? (This section includes a basic overview of DB2 Connect. However, DB2 Connect is so much more than just connectivity. For a good overview of the capablities of DB2 Connect, refer to the What is DB2 Connect? series by Paul C. Zikopoulos and Leon Katsnelson.
- DB2 Connect packaging and editions
- Frequently asked questions about DB2 Connect, and specifically about the five available editions:
- DB2 Connect Personal Edition
- DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition
- DB2 Connect Application Server Edition
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition
- DB2 Connect Unilimited Edition for iSeries
- Choosing the right edition for you
|Read the full article (PDF) here:||db2connect.pdf ( HTTP | FTP )||410KB|
- developerWorks DB2 zone: Learn more about DB2. You'll find technical documentation, how-to articles, education, downloads, product information, and more.
- developerWorks blogs: Get involved in the developerWorks community.